[klee-dev] Metasmt using Z3 for getting unsat core

Thuan Pham thuanpv at comp.nus.edu.sg
Tue Sep 22 14:56:19 BST 2015

Hi,
I haven't tried to work with Z3 through metasmt. However, in our previous
work (Hercules: reproducing crashes in real-world application binaries), I
implemented an interface function for S2E (which is built on top of KLEE
and QEMU) to get unsat-core from Z3. What I did is to formulate a SMT
LIB-v2 query, save it to a file and invoke Z3 (as an external process) to
get unsat-core (if the query is unsat). An example of the query is here
http://rise4fun.com/Z3/smtc_core.

If you want to get unsat-core from Z3 directly through metasmt interface, I
think you just need to know the interface between KLEE and metasmt,
formulate your query and send it through the interface.
Hope it helps,
Regards,
Thuan