[klee-dev] A need for a shared library in KLEE

Marko Dimjašević marko at cs.utah.edu
Tue Feb 23 20:25:50 GMT 2016

Hi Cristian,

On Tue, 2016-02-23 at 16:49 +0000, Cristian Cadar wrote:
> Hi Marko,
>
> This shared library is useful during replay, e.g., see the last section
> of Tutorial 1:
> http://klee.github.io/tutorials/testing-function/

I am aware of that. However, that still doesn't answer my question - is
the shared version of the library needed?

I don't know much about build systems, linking, and libraries, so pardon
me if this seems silly. Nevertheless, my hunch is that the static
version would be enough to execute all KLEE tools and that the shared
object file is not really needed. If it is not needed, then that would
save me the trouble of adding a SONAME attribute to the shared library,
which is a must for Debian packages.

--
Regards,
Marko Dimjašević <marko at cs.utah.edu> .   University of Utah