XDB v0.2 available (Docbook-derived)

Terry Allen tallen at sonic.net
Tue Apr 22 18:55:10 BST 1997

Thanks to James and Jade07, I've been able to rework the previously
announced XDB DTD, derived from Docbook v3.0, removing all the errors
Jade07 catches.  This version, 0.2, is available at

  http://www.sonic.net/~tallen/xdb02.zip

It contains a hand-hacked version of the TR 9502 SGML Open CALS
table model, and except for the two elements that were included
in content models, it is, I believe, looser than Docbook and not
more restrictive anywhere.  I haven't tested that belief.

The two elements were BeginPage (which is gone; use processing
instructions) and IndexTerm, which is available only where #PCDATA
may be used (it is possible to allow it in component mixtures,
too, as Eve has suggested, but I haven't).  Ah, one more restrictive
spot occurs to me as I write:  Entry in Table does not allow
mixed content in this DTD.  I would be interested to hear whether
mixed content (#PCDATA, inlines, blocks such as lists) would cause
problems for style sheets if allowed in table cells.

Regards,
  Terry Allen    Electronic Publishing Consultant    tallen[at]sonic.net
                   http://www.sonic.net/~tallen/
    Davenport and DocBook:  http://www.ora.com/davenport/index.html
          T.A. at Passage Systems:  terry.allen[at]passage.com

xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers