XML-DEV list errors on weekends

Rzepa, Henry h.rzepa at ic.ac.uk
Sun Dec 14 09:44:00 GMT 1997

As the person receiving all the list errors (undelivered mail etc) I try my
best to delete all the ones that seem permanent (a significant proportion
of people who try to subscribe do so with mail addresses that subsequently
bounce).  But increasingly,  I notice that a large number of errors
(undelivered mail) seem to occur only on weekends. I get perhaps  200-300
such errors each weekend, but fewer on weekdays

Coming form a university background where we run 7 days a week,
I am wondering whether in commerce, companies might implement
policies where mail routers etc perhaps are taken down over weekends?
Is there anyone out there who thinks there might be such a reason
why weekends are problematic?

Henry Rzepa. +44 171 594 5774 (Office) +44 594 5804 (Fax)

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)