Corrected Examples: XML Architectural Forms

David Megginson ak117 at freenet.carleton.ca
Sun Dec 14 12:18:20 GMT 1997

Here are corrected examples for XML architectural forms, using the
proposed amendment (note also the corrected spelling) to ISO 10744:

Simple XML document with one base architecture:

  <?XML version="1.0" ?>
  <?IS10744:arch name="isobase" ?>
  <mydoc isobase="isogen-document"/>

Simple XML document with two base architectures:

  <?XML version="1.0" ?>
  <?IS10744:arch name="isobase" ?>
  <?IS10744:arch name="mslbase" ?>
  <mydoc isobase="isogen-document" mslbase="microstar-document"/>

DTD for simple XML document with two base architectures:

  <?IS10744:arch name="isobase" ?>
  <?IS10744:arch name="mslbase" ?>
  <!ELEMENT mydoc EMPTY>
  <!ATTLIST mydoc
    isobase NMTOKEN #FIXED "isogen-document"
    mslbase NMTOKEN #FIXED "microstar-document">

Simple XML document two base architectures hidden in DTD:

  <?XML version="1.0" ?>
  <!DOCTYPE mydoc SYSTEM "mydoc.dtd">
  <mydoc/>

(Note that I have added quotation marks, in line with XML's handling
of attribute values).  The rest of my original message still applies.
Thank you to Robin Cover for gently pointing out my first mistake, and
for being too genteel to point out my second (my second-year Medieval
English teacher told me that if I studied too much Medieval English,
I'd never be able to spell again).

All the best,

David

David Megginson                 ak117 at freenet.carleton.ca