JavaScript XML Parser

Jeremie Miller jmiller at mwci.net
Wed Dec 31 21:35:01 GMT 1997

Well, I finally decided to take the plunge and learn XML.  As a learning
project, I decided to write a simple XML parser in JavaScript(ECMAScript).
As it exists now, it doesn't handle many of the more advanced parts of the
spec(PI's, CDATA, etc...) and is only trying to be a read-only well-formed
parser.

I feel its to a point where I can let others play with it and need some good
feedback on it.  But remember, I have not even read the XML recommendation
more than a light glance-through, so the parser it fairly limited yet.  The
point of it is to take XML fragments and expose them as a parsed object-tree
to other javascripts for manipulation/display.  Its ~5k, its fast, and it
works with any ECMAScript compliant browser(I hope).

It will get updated often as I have time to read the spec and to learn more
about DTD's.
Go play at:
http://www.jeremie.com/xparse/

I really need some constructive feedback about what it needs to do, the API,
possible uses for it, etc...

Thanks!  This list has been a very educational tool so far!  As I learn
more, you'll probably be seeing more of me :)

Jeremie Miller
jer at jeremie.com

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)