Suggested List Protocol

Christopher R. Maden crm at ebt.com
Wed Feb 26 00:00:30 GMT 1997

> One technical point which I'd like advice on is "What shall we do
> about posting markup itself?"  There is no problem with mailers (?),
> but if hypermailers encounter <FOO> (that read &lt;Foo&gt;) it could
> be missed.  (I know when I browse a *.sgm file, Netscape tries to
> interpret the markup as HTML.)  Does markup enclosed in <PRE>
> ... </PRE> escape?

Hopefully, the Hypermailer will turn every < into &lt;.  I'd be
surprised if it didn't; it's a trivial substitution, and potentially
extremely damaging (even to non-SGML lists).

-Chris
--
Christopher R. Maden                  One Richmond Square
DynaText SIT Technical Support        Providence, RI 02906 USA

xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers