XML API specification

Gavin Nicol gtn at ebt.com
Thu Feb 27 17:21:30 GMT 1997

>I am not convinced that it is really worth implimenting groves this way
>though.  Groves are designed such that it is often easier to duplicate
>information, in a slightly different form, than to just reference it.
>Sometimes you have to.

Quite right. My implementation is actually different, though
conceptually like the model I demonstrated.

>When I was working on a general Grove interface I came to decide that
>it really should be a grove specific set of classes which build on
>some more primitive interfaces (such as node, property_value), and
>which impliment properties as methods.

Yes. Properties as methods is a much better idea. In my actual
implementation, I basically export a map interface that allows
properties to be set/get by name, and have various flavors of
property.

xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers