Whence XAPI?

John Tigue jtigue at datachannel.com
Wed Jul 9 23:30:56 BST 1997

Peter S. Housel wrote:

> I'm considering starting work on an XML parser (written in Dylan)
> , but
> I was waiting to see what sort of consensus the XAPI discussions would
>
> come to.

There doesn't seem to be much disagreement on XAPI-J 1.0, probably
because there isn't much to it; so far it's really just elements,
attributes, and events (the events are not done yet). Before going
forward I think it would be good to see some implementations of XAPI-J
other than DataChannel's.

XAPI-J is limited to Java. You might be more interested in the work of
the DOM which is language independent and much more encompassing than
XAPI-J 1.0. This work is limited in scope compared to the grove work of
DSSSL. The goal of XAPI-J 1.0 is to simply come up with common method
signatures for those methods which are present in the existing
processors. This allows for implementation independence for the
processor consumer.

--
John Tigue
Programmer