Microsoft XML Parser in Java is Available

Peter Murray-Rust Peter at ursus.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 7 07:16:09 BST 1997

Jean

In message <78DFE33066ABD0118B9200805FD431BA5EC1EB at RED-16-MSG.dns.microsoft.com> Jean Paoli writes:
> ANNOUNCEMENT: Microsoft XML Parser in Java is Available
>
> I am *really* pleased to announce :

I am *really* pleased to read your announcement! (and am replying even
before downloading your parser).  This will be a tremendous boost towards
an API for XML-* modules and their interoperation.  I shan't go back to
bed until I have looked at it!

[...]
> Full source code is provided, royalty free, and will be updated
> frequently to fix bugs
> and to reflect future W3C changes to the specifications.(read the

This is a very constructive and laudable approach.

> Microsoft XML Parser in Java license agreement
> http://www.microsoft.com/standards/xml/xmllic.htm).
>
> Bugs should be sent to Istvan Cseri (istvanc at microsoft.com) or Chris
> Lovett (clovett at microsoft.com).
>
> Enjoy, and let us make XML a success story!

I am very pleased that this has been announced on XML-DEV as it encourages
us all to promote an open approach to software development.

[...]

--
Peter Murray-Rust, domestic net connection
Virtual School of Molecular Sciences

xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers