XML Java API Standardization

Norbert H. Mikula nmikula at edu.uni-klu.ac.at
Thu Jun 19 09:02:46 BST 1997

John Tigue wrote:

> Now that the number of XML processor implementations is increasing
> rapidly, I would like to continue the subject of API standardization. I
> have written a document which discusses the issue and presents an
> informal proposal which continues the discussion of API standardization
> for Java.
>
> The document is located at:
> http://www.datachannel.com/ChannelWorld/XML/dev
<snip/>

Following John's original posting and Tim's "call for
commitments (CFC)", I first want to say that I applaud
John for having started this initiative.

I certainly will contribute to this effort as much
as I can. I also will be happy to modify NXP so that
it follows a *standardized* and well-designed API.

I hereby also invite all users of NXP to express
on this list what experience they have made
with my approach to this issue. You application
developers are the real experts on this. Please
share with us your thoughts !

--
Best regards,
Norbert H. Mikula

= SGML, XML, DSSSL, Intra- & Internet, AI, Java
= mailto:nmikula at edu.uni-klu.ac.at
= http://www.edu.uni-klu.ac.at/~nmikula