Associating DSSSL style sheets with documents

Jon Bosak bosak at atlantic-83.Eng.Sun.COM
Tue Mar 18 16:35:09 GMT 1997

[Liam Quin:]

| Note that if you are generating the XML from a CGi script, a Java
| server plugin (e.g. Solaris 2.6's upcoming server) or otherwise,
| you probably need to make sure that clients don't try to look for
| files in the same "directory" as your SGML.
|
| E.g. http://docs.su.com/ab2/alluser/ADVOSUG/@xmlChunk/113.dsl
| does a database query into presumably DynaBase (right, Jon?).

No, DynaWeb.  But your point is well taken.

| So allow the processing instructions.

When we start downloading a DSSSL stylesheet from the server, I think
that this is probably the method we'll try first.  Of all the
alternatives, I like James Clark's last suggestion best for initial
experimentation:

<?XML-stylesheet type="text/dsssl" href="foo.dsl"?>

Jon

xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers