TEI Pointers

Peter Murray-Rust Peter at ursus.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 25 23:03:17 GMT 1997

I have implemented a first pass at TEI pointers in JUMBO and would be
grateful for any checked examples of the results of applying these.
I am not quite sure where the discussions are at on the WG, and have so
far managed:
ROOT
[HERE]
ID based on attribute *name*, not type
CHILD
DESCENDANT
ANCESTOR
PREVIOUS
NEXT
PRECEDING
FOLLOWING

All these return Elements.  I have left placeholders for SPACE and FOREIGN
since it is not clear what they return.  I can't remember what the
groundswell of opinion was for PATTERN and in any case its syntax is not
in the draft.  Does it use a regex?  If so, what?

(BTW, is there a typo in the draft? A1.1.1.6 (CHILD), after the box for
'element', line 3 refers to 'fourth and fifth' and I would think this was
'fifth and sixth')

	P.

--
Peter Murray-Rust, domestic net connection
Virtual School of Molecular Sciences

xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers