Unusual error with MSXML

Simon St.Laurent SimonStL at classic.msn.com
Tue Nov 4 02:44:01 GMT 1997

My apologies to all, especially Ben; it looks like I dropped into the wrong
directory when ran MSXML on Ben's DTD - there are two copies floating on each
of the hard drives of two machines, one with IE 4 and one with IE 3.  I now
get the same weird Java errors he did running the correct combination of the
new version of MSXML with the old version of jview.

I used the viewer applet included in the MSXML package under IE 4 to test a
number of files.  When there are errors, the viewer still brings up quite a
list of errors that look a lot like the list from the previous version, but
the errors seem accurate, a significant improvement on version 1.0.  The
viewer is much handier than the control line was.

A preliminary run-through of the new version using Sun's JDK 1.1.3 produced:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ms/xml/om/Document
        at msxml.main(msxml.java:28)

No idea why, yet.

Simon St.Laurent

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)