</> as end tag

Don Park donpark at quake.net
Tue Nov 4 04:10:20 GMT 1997

>> 3) Missing imports
>>
>> These imports are hidden in the source. Surely I could copy them from
>> IE4's Java files, but I'd be nice if msxml was self-contained.
>>
>> import com.ms.com.*;
>> import com.ms.com.IUnknown;
>> import com.ms.com.Variant;
>> import com.ms.osp.*;
>> import netscape.javascript.JSObject;
>
>All these go away if you remove XMLDSO.java I believe. You shouldn't even
>try and build this file on other platforms anyway since it designed to only
>work with the the Data Binding features of IE 4.0.

I am not sure where JSObject is imported from but only problem I had running
MSXML under JDK 1.1.4 was with XMLInputStream's use of XMLStream (and
IXMLStream) which has native methods.  I made minor change to XMLInputStream
and it now runs wonderfully under JDK.  I could post my changes if someone
wants it and if MS approves.

Don Park

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)