XML Example and DTD Archive?

Jon Bosak Jon.Bosak at eng.Sun.COM
Fri Nov 28 21:30:59 GMT 1997

Thanks to several people, especially Eve Maler, for pointing out XML
errors in my play and tstmt DTDs.  In particular:

| ><!ENTITY amp "&">
|
| Illegal; must be <!ENTITY amp "&#38;">.
|
| ><!ELEMENT LINE     (STAGEDIR | #PCDATA)+>
|
| Illegal; must be <!ELEMENT LINE (#PCDATA|STAGEDIR)*>.
|
| ><!-- DTD for testaments    J. Bosak    1992.11.15, 1994.03.26,
|
| Must remove all OMITTAG flags from this DTD.
|
| ><!ELEMENT ttitle   - -	((#PCDATA),ttitle2?)*>
|
| Illegal; must be <!ELEMENT ttitle (#PCDATA|ttitle2)*> or some other
| configuration.

Shame on any writer of a validating XML parser that does NOT catch
these errors!  :-) :-) :-)

I'm not going to try to fix the current distributions right now, but I
do intend to take a pass at them over Christmas.  This is my chance to
include some other fixes that have been pending for several years now.
Anyone who has noticed textual errors should mail me corrections some
time during the next couple of weeks.

I claim the world's oldest XML legacy problem...

Jon

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)