EMBED and validation

Gerard Freriks gfrer at luna.nl
Sun Nov 30 09:14:26 GMT 1997

In my parlance I, allmost, equate DTD's and Datamodels.

Since DTD's and Tag's are derived from the same Datamodel and use the same
Terminologies (Concepts) I think we both agree that XML might work in this
respect.

GF
>Have you looked at the RDF metadata work from the W3C? It might be the
>case that you could have multiple DTDs in use, and tie them together using
>RDF statements which document their various elements using formal
>standardised vocabularies from various fields of medicine. UMLS provides
>one possible knowledge-base for constructing RDF schemas. So... what I'm
>sketching is a world in which there are many DTDs, many DTD-less
>documents, but semantic interoperability achieved by using RDF to
>associate DTDs or chunks of XML with thesauri or classification schemes
>from various domains.  Does this sounds a plausible alternative to the
>single-DTD vision you outline below?
>
>Dan

Gerard Freriks,huisarts, MD
C. Sterrenburgstr 54
3151JG Hoek van Holland
the Netherlands  		Telephone: (+31) (0)174-384296/ Fax: -386249
				Mobile   : (+31) (0)6-54792800
ARS LONGA, VITA BREVIS

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)