XML Support in IE 4.0

Andrew Layman andrewl at microsoft.com
Mon Oct 6 19:41:36 BST 1997

Internet Explorer 4.0 ships with a high-performance XML parser DLL
written in C++ and a parser written in Java. Both parse any well-fromed
XML. IE4 also ships with an XML data source control (Java) which reads
XML and binds it into an HTML page. I believe that both Java items
include full source code.

The Wall Street Journal demonstration was not based on CDF but on the
Java XML parser and data source control.

--Andrew Layman
   AndrewL at microsoft.com

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)