XML Support in IE 4.0

Paul Prescod papresco at technologist.com
Tue Oct 7 04:55:55 BST 1997

Andrew Layman wrote:

> Internet Explorer 4.0 ships with a high-performance XML parser DLL
> written in C++ and a parser written in Java. Both parse any well-fromed
> XML. IE4 also ships with an XML data source control (Java) which reads
> XML and binds it into an HTML page. I believe that both Java items
> include full source code.

That seems like neat stuff. Can authors get access to the parser error
messages to build pages that parse XML documents and validate them? I
know that your parser's a little out of date (considering how recently
the spec. has changed!) but once it is updated will this be possible? It
would be nice to have a validating parser deployed as part of a Big Two
browser.

 Paul Prescod

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)