do we ever need a test suite?

dlandeck at thomtech.com dlandeck at thomtech.com
Wed Oct 29 21:25:18 GMT 1997

Mary McRae wrote:

>In fact, SGMLOpen has begun to gather preliminary requirements for such a
>test suite. A subcommittee has been formed as part of the technical
>committee and chartered with the task of developing a set of conformance
>criteria and test suites for XML processors.

>If anyone on this list is a member of SGMLOpen (or an employee of a member
>company or organization) your input would be greatly appreciated.

------------

I was at the SGMLOpen summer workshop and while I remember this being
discussed, I don't remember an agreement to build a test suite.  In fact, I
think the work involved was deemed too scary.  Conformance criteria is
another thing, but again, I wouldn't expect a major contribution on this
real quick.  I could be wrong on this, I left early and am not a core
player in that group ... maybe someone else is listening in??

What this problem needs is a doctoral candidate who is already accustomed
to poverty and who would be happy with the fame.

David Landeck                              Voice: (301) 548-4039
Practice Manager                           Fax:   (301) 527-4009
Advanced Technologies Consulting Group     dlandeck at thomtech.com
Thomson Technology Services Group
1375 Piccard Drive, #100
Rockville, MD 20850