AElfred SAX driver ?

David Megginson ak117 at freenet.carleton.ca
Mon Apr 13 22:16:21 BST 1998

Dmitri Kondratiev writes:

 > >This is a very good question.  Originally, there was a
 > >com.microstar.sax.AElfredDriver that was distributed together with
 > >LarkDriver, MSXMLDriver, and NXPDriver.  Eventually, I would like to
 > >see all of the com.microstar.sax.* drivers disappear, as these parsers
 > >include native SAX drivers in their own packages.  I removed
 > >com.microstar.sax.AElfredDriver when I included a native SAX driver in
 > >the AElfred 1.1 distribution.
 > >

 > This means that support for SAX in AElfred becomes a _special case_ that
 > application will have to recognize !

Just the opposite.  Most Java-based XML parsers now have native SAX
drivers in their own packages:

XP: com.jclark.xml.sax.Driver
DXP: com.datachannel.xml.sax.DXPDriver
IBM XML for Java: com.ibm.xml.parser.SAXDriver
AElfred: com.microstar.xml.SAXDriver

The two drivers in com.microstar.sax are the special cases, and they
will disappear once MSXML and Lark have native SAX drivers.

As for your other question, about determining what drivers are
available, there are a few options: I am going to recommend that we
use the property "sax.parser" to provide the class name for the
default SAX driver in Java implementations (I don't know the politics
of property names, though).

All the best,

David

David Megginson                 ak117 at freenet.carleton.ca