SAX: 1998-04-18 pre-release

Peter Murray-Rust peter at ursus.demon.co.uk
Sun Apr 19 11:15:46 BST 1998

At 22:32 18/04/98 -0400, David Megginson wrote:
>One of the last pre-releases of the Java reference version of SAX is
>available from the following URLs:

David is doing a fantastic job!

>Core Distribution (including ROADMAP.txt):
>  http://www.microstar.com/XML/SAX/New/saxjava-19980418.zip

I didn't find ROADMAP.txt either in the *.zip, sax.jar or under the URL.

>Drivers for Lark and MSXML:
>  http://www.microstar.com/XML/SAX/New/saxdrivers-19980418.zip

This may not be high-priority, but is there any check to make sure that the
driver is accessing the right version of Lark or MSXML? It's quite easy to
get fooled here as one could download a new version of SAX which catered
for a new version of FOO using FOODriver that one wasn't aware of. Tedious.
If the new version used different classes then one could test with the
ClassLoader.

>Simple Demos:
>  http://www.microstar.com/XML/SAX/New/saxdemos-19980418.zip

Demos are always very gratefully received. For a simple-minded person like
me it would be nice to have a two-line demo for CharacterStream input (yes,
I haven't got to grips with java.io.Reader yet). Of the form:

String input = "<greetings>Hello world!</greetings>";

	P.

net connection
http://www.venus.co.uk/vhg

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)