LISTRIVIA (was Re: Open Standards Processes)

Matthew Gertner matthew at praxis.cz
Sat Apr 25 20:17:00 BST 1998

Peter,

>>Agreed. When you get right down to it, the same probably goes for
unfocused
>>rambling about inheritance, semantics, etc. (although personally I enjoy
it
>>thoroughly). Anyone interested in setting up xml-pontification? :-)
>
>I don't think the discussion on here has been unfocussed and - although I
>have been too busy to read it all - seems to have been valuable.

<small snip>

>I try not to intervene in discussions. [I'm conscious that about 6 months
>ago I probably was too narrow and suggested that a discussion on
>inheritance, etc. (or something similarly difficult) was not moving towards
>something of concrete value.]

I only dared make this remark since I like to pontificate as much as anyone.
Certainly, both of the topics I mentioned have been the subject of some very
stimulating discussion. I'm actually surprised that you have such a relaxed
attitude about this (probably because I read the message six months ago that
you refer to). To be honest, I'd love to have an xml-pontification list (or
xml-rambles or whatever), but not because I am annoyed by the lack of focus
on this list. Quite on the contrary: I have been too busy to read all the
mails and I have done so anyway. The real reason is that I am reluctant to
post in a lot of cases because I feel that maybe others would object to the
discussion straying too far from real XML development issues. If this isn't
the case, hallelujah!

Matthew

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)