API versioning in SAX

Chris Hubick maillist at chris.hubick.com
Mon Aug 3 20:42:19 BST 1998

On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Michael Kay wrote:

> the parser is allowed to hand me data one character at a
> time if it chooses. Perhaps someone should write a SAX
> parser that does just that, so I can test that my
> application would cope with it.

	My as yet unreleased HXP parser could do that.  It is a production
grammer based parser. On the lowest level it throws start and stop events
for each production in the XML spec. It does this right down to the type
of character. This means that the data event for each character is thrown
separately. I naturally planned on buffering these in my SAX driver, but
if it isn't that much trouble, I'll build in a mode to do this. :-)

---
Chris Hubick
mailto:chris at hubick.com
http://www.hubick.com/