XSchema question

Simon St.Laurent SimonStL at classic.msn.com
Tue Aug 4 15:03:31 BST 1998

Don Park wrote:
>Does XSchema handle 'redefinition' of schema either entirely or partially?
>I would like to see each XLF log source redefine their schema from time to
>time to reflect changes.  XSchema can handle this, it would be great.

I'm not totally sure how the log file would need to change its schema.  If you
mean that an admin went through and changed settings on the things to be
logged, it shouldn't be a problem.  If you mean something else, I'm not really
sure.

XSchema should be as flexible as DTDs, content-model wise, and you might be
able to create a program that actually modified the XSchema whenever you felt
like it more easily than you could modify an equivalent DTD.

Simon St.Laurent
Dynamic HTML: A Primer / XML: A Primer / Cookies

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)