How to process Japanese Code with XMLDSO(MS-XML)

TAKAHASHI Masayoshi maki at inac.co.jp
Thu Aug 6 05:18:55 BST 1998

Hello,

MURATA Makoto <murata at apsdc.ksp.fujixerox.co.jp> wrote:
> ISO-2022-JP, EUC-JP, and SHIFT_JIS works fine.  But the conversion
> between these encoding and Unicode is a tricky business.  Different
> tools provide different conversion.  :-<

Can we define standard (or recommended) conversion (mapping table)
between Unicode(UCS-2) and such encodings used in XML?

I know that "Japanese profile" in KAISETSU of TR X 0008-1998
(http://www.y-adagio.com/public/standards/xml/tutr.htm)
define encodings used in japanese XML document, but it doesn't
define conversions between encodings. I think it's not enough
to guarantee exchange.

# ...masaka "UTF-{8|16} igai no encoings ha buji ni koukan dekiru
# hoshou ga nai kara jissai niha tsukatte ha ikenai" to an ni
# niowaseteiru wake deha nai desuyone? :-) > japanese profile

I'm sure that no conversion have no problem, but better standard
reduce troubles, doesn't it?

p.s.
I've used sample XML documents in Japanese in SGML Cafe. Thanks!(^^)>Murata

TAKAHASHI Masayoshi (maki at inac.co.jp)

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)