Managing Names and Ontologies

Terry Allen tallen at sonic.net
Tue Dec 15 17:05:23 GMT 1998

Simon St.Laurent wrote:

| Robin Cover wrote a great piece that Sun has linked from their front page
| (http://www.sun.com/981201/xml/).  He describes the need for a registry of
| XML specifications and markup languages, and seems to present possible
| answers to a lot of the issues that have been argued about on this list
| regarding lifetimes of specs, 'official' registries, and other spec
| management issues.
|
| It's good reading for all; I strongly hope something comes of it.

Thanks to Robin's energy, OASIS has set up a Registry and Repository
Technical Committee, of which I am chair.  Once OASIS sets up the
e-mail discussion list for the TC we'll begin to figure out what
needs to be done and what OASIS can do in this area.  I'm interested
in hearing from anyone who runs or wants to run a registry or
repository (off this list, please!).

regards, Terry Allen

Terry Allen				Veo Systems, Inc.
Business Language Designer	        2440 W. El Camino Real
tallen[at]sonic.net                     Mountain View, Calif., 94040
Common Business Library - available at  http://www.veosystems.com/

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)