VRML DTD

len bullard cbullard at hiwaay.net
Wed Dec 16 02:30:51 GMT 1998

For discussions relative to the Virtual Reality Markup Language (VRML),
I have created an XML DTD for the current VRML97 nodes.  This is a
direct mapping of the existing nodes as defined in the ISO specification
in a profile matching that of proposals made for a geometry subset.
Completing
the DTD for all VRML97 nodes is straightforward and may be done.

Another DTD has been created by Daniel Lipkin (Oracle) which abstracts
the
VRML model one level higher (nodes with type= attributes and formal
productions for datatypes).  This DTD can express all of the current
VRML nodes.

If there is interest, I will post the addresses where these DTDs can
be found.

Len Bullard
clbullar at ingr.com

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)