DTD-to-DB SCHEMA

Shawn Lauzon lauzon at us.ibm.com
Tue Dec 15 19:02:21 GMT 1998

FF,

I work on database persistence with schema mapping on the IBM San
Francisco project (reusable components -- see
www.ibm.com/Java/Sanfrancisco/).  Anyway, we're currently working on
developing an XML interface to our schema mapping tool that allows users
to update their mappings via XML documents.  It's currently in a
somewhat-early development phase right now.

What is it specifically that you need to do?  Are there any features
that would be useful for you?  One of the things we're looking for is a
standard DTD that can describe a database table (with, for example,
<TABLE> tags and <COLUMN> tags that would describe the tables and
columns).  Is there anything that you know of that does this.  Thanks

Shawn Lauzon
IBM San Francisco Database Persistence
www.ibm.com/Java/Sanfrancisco/
email: lauzon at us.ibm.com