VRML DTD

len bullard cbullard at hiwaay.net
Wed Dec 16 18:03:42 GMT 1998

Here are the links.  The first is to the DTD I did plus some
notes.  It is a moreorless direct map to a geometry
subset (no scripts, no routes, no interpolators or sensors
although adding these is not much work).  This is a
*classical* DTD. The second is to
Daniel Lipkin's site.  He posted the copies of the DTDs to the
enterprise working group list so may not have these there
yet.  I will check later today.  The Enterprise WG is discussing
this subject.  Help from XML gurus would be welcome.  I've
done SGML too long, am rusty, and spoiled.

Daniel is taking the approach that enables one to do any
of VRML and is a jazzy approach.  My suggestion is to consider the
potential
where Daniel's is an architecture (eg, defines the datatypes)
and one like mine becomes an application of that architecture.
This way it might be possible to have different kinds of
3D DTDs that let folks work at higher levels than nodes
and still get interoperability.  Question to the HyTime
folks:  would that work?

http://ariadne.iz.net/~jeffs/vrmLab/Documentation/vrmlDTD.html

http://www.olab.com/vrml/vrml.html

len