VRML DTD

len bullard cbullard at hiwaay.net
Thu Dec 17 03:34:36 GMT 1998

As kindly pointed out by Richard Goerwitz, there is cruft
in the VRML DTD I wrote (malformed comments, and CDATA in
the content models).  I am cleaning these up and will post
a new version tomorrow at Jeff's ariadne site.  I need to
put together an XML test kit for this and will appreciate
input on some simple tools to use.  Yes, I can search for these
but my time is limited and I want to give the
W3D Consortium Enterprise WG the pointers tomorrow so
they can also work on this.

please send any suggestions to clbullar at ingr.com
where i can get them during the day and pass them
along to the wg.

There is a window of opportunity for making a case that
XML is a good way to do the next version of VRML (VRML NG).
This is a limited window and there are strong cases to
be made for and against it.  Reasonable minds with a
genuine concern for creating an interoperable, modular
set of standards based on profiles are encourgaged
to help.  All of our communities can benefit.

len bullard

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)