compliance with XML advancements

Woody, Matt MWoody at mobilnet.gte.com
Mon Jul 6 17:28:23 BST 1998

Hello all.

I musk ask that you excuse my concern if previously addressed.

Much anticipated is the surge of DTDs that have been popping up based on the
XML technology. The latest that I've been looking at are VML, SMIL.  The
current process of waiting for Netscape or IE to support the defined DTD
with a new version after accepted by W3C has to be the largest stumbling
block for XML.  I think it to be important that any accepted DTDs should be
available to users immediately.

Has this raised a brow with Microsoft or with the Netscape development
community at all?
Are there any technologies that have taken this initiative?

And if so, I should hope that the answer would not be another useless client
concept. I feel that the community would benefit best if the browser were
ignorant to the definition that it displays.

Any thoughts?

Matt Woody
matt.woody at gte.com
GTE Intranet Services