XSchema evaluation period - upcoming

Simon St.Laurent SimonStL at classic.msn.com
Sat Jul 18 03:49:53 BST 1998

Peter Murray-Rust wrote: (Re: XSchema: DTD-to-XSchema converter)
>I am getting the impression that the 'current draft' of the spec is close
>to what we shall end up with - i.e. because of the way it has been
>developed - in full public view - anyone who has reservations would have
>said something by now. But are you all planning an final 'evaluation'
>period for the spec?

It is very close to final.  I have one last round of corrections to make,
hopefully tomorrow, and section 2 - the 'key' section for most development -
will be complete.  The glossary in section 1, some namespace issues in section
3, and the big pictures of sections 4 and 5 will still need work, but the
foundation will be poured for XSchema 1.0.

We do need an evaluation period once these drafts are posted; people are still
finding nits.  A week sounds like a good idea to me, but what do other people
think?

There have been good ideas about inheritance and other potentially exciting
stuff coming in.  I'd like to hammer out 1.0, but be ready for 1.1 and 2.0!
(If the W3C doesn't scoop this up before we get there, of course.)

Simon St.Laurent
Dynamic HTML: A Primer / XML: A Primer / Cookies

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)