LISTADMIN: unsubscribing and general admin

Rzepa, Henry h.rzepa at ic.ac.uk
Fri Jun 5 11:12:45 BST 1998

One of two please come my way every day asking for help in unsubscribing.
One problem seems to be that people are sending what is called
"styled" text to majordomo making the request.  Whilst the styling might
be invisible to the user's emailer (eg Eudora etc), Majordomo gets confused
about handling a request that is wrapped in <...> tags (its after
all a program from the dark ages of 2-3 years ago>

So if you have an admin request, please turn all styling off,
and try to ensure if possible that the request emanates from the
same email identity as the one actually subscribed. If this is not
possible, send one of the type

unsubscribe xml-dev yourname at youraddress

and  I will process it manually. About 20 of these come in every
week,  so I cannot guarrantee I will action it immediatly. Once in
a while the odd request will  "scroll off the top of my screen"
and get orphaned, so if nothing has happened after a week, please
remind me!

Re Daily digests. It may take a day (or three) to get this actioned.
Please bear with me.

Finally, I have had at least one person say they do not know my
email address to contact me. Please note that its at the bottom
of the (overlong!) signature, so that excuses of this type carry
no weight! Sorry!!

Dr Henry Rzepa,  Dept. Chemistry,  Imperial College,  LONDON SW7 2AY;
mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk; Tel  (44) 171 594 5774; Fax: (44) 171 594 5804.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)