"SMDL"--work in progress

John E. Simpson simpson at polaris.net
Mon Jun 8 02:03:50 BST 1998

At 07:38 PM 6/7/98 -0400, Adam M. Donahue wrote:
>...as an exercise I have begun
>putting together a first XML DTD (hopefully to be put together) which
>I'm tentatively calling the "Site Map Definition Language" or SMDL.

Hi Adam. SMDL is a great idea. But you might want to take a look at the IBM
XML Parser for Java (xml4j), which comes with a sample app, SiteOutliner,
which does approximately what you're talking about. The parser scans a site
and creates a CDF file which can then be viewed either with their own
CDFViewer or with MSIE.

xml4j is available at:
	http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/formula/xml

Good luck. Sounds like a good project, no matter which way you go with it.

John E. Simpson          | It's no disgrace t'be poor,
simpson at polaris.net      | but it might as well be.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)