SAX compatibility & WF parsing questions

Juergen Modre jmodre at edu.uni-klu.ac.at
Mon Jun 8 18:43:52 BST 1998

David thanks for the fast answer to verify my
SAX interface thoughts.
This way I want to gratulate you after the event for the good work
to initiate, drive and coordinate the development
of a standard XML event based interface. Great work!

Another hint to the DocumentHandler.characters javadoc header:
It says:
    * Receive notification of character data.
    *
    * <p>The Parser will call this method to report each chunk of
    * character data.  SAX parsers may return all contiguous character
    * data in a single chunk, or they may split it into several
    * chunks; however, all of the characters in any single event
    * must come from the same external entity, so that the Locator
    * provides useful information.</p>

This event has also to reply the characters of
CDATA in a XML document, but this is not made explicit
in the above <p> and it would therefore be nice to add this
explicit in the <p>.
BTW: In my opinion it would be better to not return the CDATA
characters in this event as long as we don't have a separate
CDATA callback in the SAX interface specification.

 JUERGEN MODRE
 Reisdorf 6
 A-9371 Brueckl
 Austria (Europe)