XSchema Spec Section 2.3, Draft 1

John Cowan cowan at locke.ccil.org
Thu Jun 11 19:22:05 BST 1998

Simon St.Laurent wrote:

> I added PCData back into the Mixed
> Declaration.

I think (and I believe Ron also thinks) that this is completely
unnecessary.  A mixed-content model without #PCDATA is not mixed
content at all; it's just a limited kind of Choice (only Refs
as children).  The whole point of Mixed is that it signals that
both PCDATA and elements are permitted.

It occurs to me that the Mixed element should have a
Frequency attribute declared #FIXED "ZeroOrMore".

John Cowan	http://www.ccil.org/~cowan		cowan at ccil.org

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)