XSchema Spec Section 2.3, Draft 1

Peter Murray-Rust peter at ursus.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 13 11:41:34 BST 1998

At 16:43 11/06/98 UT, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>This one is much longer than its predecessors, for which I apologize.

I have been away for a week and am still ploughing through the list
traffic, but from a brief glance I am really impressed with the way the
discussion is structured.

Simon, Do you mount the sectional proposals on your site? [Yes, I could
find out by looking, but it would be useful for the list to know.]

One thing I really value about the current project is that it includes
contributions from both the SGML community and those who have come to XML
without previous experience (I assume). This means we get a
cross-fertilization of ideas. Everyone is working hard to avoid
re-inventing things that are 'well known' in SGML but also looking at other
ways of expressing them. As always, simplicity will be key.

FWIW I read this section and it seemed to be very clearly presented and
doesn't require comment from me. The length is primarily because each
component is addressed at the same level of detail which is what is
required in a technical specification.

	P.

net connection
http://www.venus.co.uk/vhg