XSchema Spec Section 2.3, Draft 1

Simon St.Laurent SimonStL at classic.msn.com
Thu Jun 11 19:50:34 BST 1998

>The whole point of Mixed is that it signals that
>both PCDATA and elements are permitted.
>
>It occurs to me that the Mixed element should have a
>Frequency attribute declared #FIXED "ZeroOrMore".

I can accept dropping the PCData - it takes out a nuisance declaration - but
now I wonder about PCData elements.  They're technically Mixed but without any
optional elements.  Do we need PCData elements?

Also, why does the element need a frequency attribute?  Isn't that built into
the nature of Mixed?  It's not like you can nest a Mixed content model under a
Choice or Seq directly or anything...

Simon St.Laurent
Dynamic HTML: A Primer / XML: A Primer / Cookies

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)