Using schemas with XML parser

Zehavi, Gil Gil_Zehavi at ibcomverse.com
Sun May 3 15:18:18 BST 1998

I wrote xml-data schema and instances that are based on that schema, but
I don't know how to combine them in order that the parser (i'm using the
Microsoft parser which is supposed to know how to deal with schemas)
will recognize that a schema is being used. Putting both the schema and
the instances in one files is not good since the parser recognizes only
one root. I don't know how to link the two parts if they are defined in
different files (my application is not a web application). I can use DTD
but the use of schemas is very useful in my case.
I would appreciate any information I can get.

Gil Zehavi
Comverse Network System

email: gil_zehavi at ibcomverse.com

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)