Comment and PI in a Mixed or children elements...

David Megginson ak117 at freenet.carleton.ca
Fri May 8 23:55:16 BST 1998

Peter Murray-Rust writes:

 > BTW I didn't answer the question, did I? :-) I think you will find it is
 > yes, but trust a parser and not me.

By all means, run problems like this through a good parser (don't use
AElfred for this purpose, since it is too tolerant of errors).

In the end, however, the only trustworthy source is the grammatical
productions in the spec (together with constraints and other normative
text):

[39] element ::= EmptyElemTag | STag content ETag

[43] content ::= (element | CharData | Reference | CDSect |
                  PI | Comment)*

All the best,

David

David Megginson                 ak117 at freenet.carleton.ca