W3C XML activities

Simon St.Laurent SimonStL at classic.msn.com
Fri May 22 02:46:01 BST 1998

Would it be possible for someone involved to give a brief rundown on XML
projects the W3C is actually working on?

>From what I can gather, XML, XLink, XPointer, and XML Namespaces are all
projects of the XML Working Group under the XML Activity.  XSL appears to have
its own Working Group under the Style activity. RDF appears to have its own
Working Group under the Metadata activity.  XML-Data, WIDL, and a number of
other proposals are just that - proposals.

Is this an accurate picture?  Is there a roadmap on the W3C site that I simply
haven't found?

Thanks.

Simon St.Laurent
Dynamic HTML: A Primer / XML: A Primer / Cookies

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)