W3C XML activities

Peter Murray-Rust peter at ursus.demon.co.uk
Fri May 22 23:06:48 BST 1998

At 00:45 22/05/98 UT, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>Would it be possible for someone involved to give a brief rundown on XML
>projects the W3C is actually working on?
>
>From what I can gather, XML, XLink, XPointer, and XML Namespaces are all
>projects of the XML Working Group under the XML Activity.  XSL appears to
have
>its own Working Group under the Style activity. RDF appears to have its own
>Working Group under the Metadata activity.  XML-Data, WIDL, and a number of
>other proposals are just that - proposals.
>
>Is this an accurate picture?  Is there a roadmap on the W3C site that I
simply
>haven't found?
>
>Thanks.

I think this would be very valuable. I have just come back from Paris where
John Bosak gave exactly such a report. I intend to comment on some of
Paris, but specifically excluded Jon's report in case I got something
wrong. As always it was very carefully presented. There were no surprises
to those who talk regularly about these things but it formed up a good deal
I was unclear about.

I know Jon is very busy - I don't know whether others are prepared to
summarise?

	P.

>Simon St.Laurent
>Dynamic HTML: A Primer / XML: A Primer / Cookies
>

>xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:xml-dev at ic.ac.uk
>Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/
>To (un)subscribe, mailto:majordomo at ic.ac.uk the following message;
>(un)subscribe xml-dev