XSD: Proposed Goals, Rev. 2

Peter Murray-Rust peter at ursus.demon.co.uk
Wed May 27 22:37:29 BST 1998

At 14:17 27/05/98 UT, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>A revised set of goals for XSD follows, based on public and private
comments.
>These are still open to change until Friday.  If there are changes today,
I'll

One additional requirement which is currently very important to me and I
hope to others is in guiding editing tools. I am working on JUMBO2 as an
editor and keep wishing that I had the DTD information *in simple form* so
I could help to drive the tool. Attribute types are clearly important (e.g.
if I know something is an ID I can check for uniqueness) and contentspec is
also important. I may simply wish to know what *possible* children an
element has - rather than applying full verification or creating templates
from the DTD. I may wish to do a mini-verify after each element-save. I
don't think this is a major addition to what we want to do - in fact it
falls naturally within it - but it should be stated.

	P.

net connection
http://www.venus.co.uk/vhg

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)