Web pages in non-Roman scripts

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at sunsite.unc.edu
Mon Nov 2 17:43:17 GMT 1998

For my next book about XML I am seeking examples of Web pages in non-Roman
scripts: Cyrillic, Greek, Chinese, Japanese, etc.  The purpose is to
include before and after screen shots showing them with and without the
proper fonts and encodings. If you maintain such a web site, and you're
willing to sign a permissions form dreamed up by IDG's lawyers, please
email me the URL, your snail mail address and FAX number and I'll send you
the permissions letter to sign. To thank you for your trouble, I'll also
send you a copy of my current book--XML: Extensible Markup Language--when I
get the signed permission agreement back. Finally, if your site is included
in the finished book (sites will also have to be approved by my editors)
I'll also send you a copy of the next book when it's published.

Pretty much any site in a non-Roman script will do. However, I do have a
preference for interesting pages like one discussing China's human rights
record in Chinese or the text of War and Peace in Russian, as opposed to
corporate home pages.  But I'll take whatever I can get. If you're
interested, please send private email to elharo at sunsite.unc.edu. Thanks.

| Elliotte Rusty Harold | elharo at sunsite.unc.edu | Writer/Programmer |
|        XML: Extensible Markup Language (IDG Books 1998)            |
|   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0764531999/cafeaulaitA/   |
|  Read Cafe au Lait for Java News:  http://sunsite.unc.edu/javafaq/ |
|  Read Cafe con Leche for XML News: http://sunsite.unc.edu/xml/     |