DTD,s

Eddie Sheffield eddie.sheffield at enterworks.com
Mon Nov 2 19:39:47 GMT 1998

James Tauber wrote:

> [...]

There is also the CommerceNet XML Exchange at http://www.xmlx.com that claims to
have the same purpose, but I've been checking on them for several months now and
there is absolutely no action there. Lack of promotion, I guess. But it is
organized around forums (such as Automotive, History, Genealogy, Workflow, etc.),
apparently with the notion that people would come together, post DTDs, and
actively develop them online. But except for September archives which only
contain the forum welcome messages, there is nothing.

Does anyone know of anywhere else where one can go to discuss the development of
DTDs? XML Exchange sounded perfect, but there are not really any appropriate
catagories for my ideas, and there was no response to my request to create a new
"Household" or "Consumer" forum. I have several home user ideas I'd like to see
fleshed out - recipes, grocery lists, collections (stamps, comics, etc.), TV
listings, etc. but I don't really have the experience in DTD design to tackle it.
Maybe I need to tackle David's (Megginson) book again. ;-)

BTW, did anyone ever give any references for "Z" from the recent CDATA thread? My
curiosity is perked, but I have a feeling searching for "Z" on Hotbot or Yahoo or
wherever would prove frustrating!

Thanks.

Eddie Sheffield

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)