Creation of XML documents

Lauren Wood lauren at sqwest.bc.ca
Thu Nov 5 20:20:40 GMT 1998

At 05/11/1998 10:47 AM , Borden, Jonathan wrote:
>John Cowan wrote:
>>
>> Alas, the DOM does not provide a standardized way for objects to
>> "save themselves".
>
>	This is an unfortunate oversight. DOM implementors thus each create a
>non-standard mechanism to build a grove.

I prefer to call it a "not yet" than an oversight; so far only DOM Level 1
is available. There is lots of work yet to do, including standardised ways
to read documents, serialise documents, validate documents, .... ideas on
prioritising all of this are welcome, but I'd suggest you send them to the
public DOM mailing list (www-dom at w3.org; to subscribe, send email to
www-dom-request at w3.org with the subject "subscribe").

cheers,

Lauren