XML Search Engine

Fernando Cabral fernando at pix.com.br
Fri Nov 6 20:46:23 GMT 1998

Tyler Baker wrote:

> I have heard that CONText from Oracle was pretty good.  I am not sure about its
> performance though, but Oracle used to make a huge deal about this "cartridge" a
> while back.

Oracle has had several different names for this product (SQL-TEXT, CONText,
TextServer).
No matter what the name is, it still does work well. At least I've never been able
to see
a single good application at work. In fact, even some very simple applications
have lots of flaws.

- fernando

--
Fernando Cabral                         Padrao iX Sistemas Abertos
mailto:fernando at pix.com.br              http://www.pix.com.br

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)