XML and Internationalization...

Sebastien Sahuc ssahuc at netaway.com
Mon Nov 9 10:59:45 GMT 1998

Hi there,

I wonder if there is any specifications available in making XML documents
multilingual.

For instance, I have a xml document that specifies some operations available
to the user (the selection of the operation to call is done through a GUI).
As a small description is associated to each operation, it should be useful
to give the user this description in the custom language.

My first thought will be the following:
<method id="fact">

    <description lang="english">The factorial method</description>
    <description lang="french">La méthode factorielle</description>
    <description lang="spanish">La operacíon factorial</description>

    <param id="Nbr" mode="in" type="int">
        <description lang="english">The number to pass in</description>
        <description lang="french">Le nombre à passer</description>
        <description lang="spanish">El número a calcular</description>
    </param>

</method>

Does anybody has a suggestion auround the syntax ? Any comment would be
greatly appreciate.

Thanks,

Sebastien SAHUC
E-mail : ssahuc at netaway.com
NETAWAY                   Document Oriented Computing
http://www.netaway.com
6, Bd du Général Leclerc  Tel    : +33 01 55 46 95 20
92115 CLICHY CEDEX        Fax    : +33 01 55 46 95 29
FRANCE