Open-source XLink library (was Re: XLink - where are we?)

Simon St.Laurent simonstl at simonstl.com
Thu Nov 12 15:50:04 GMT 1998

At 08:53 PM 11/11/98 +0000, Peter Murray-Rust wrote:

>Many thanks. I haven't had time to look at this but this seems like a
>useful way of exploring what XLink can do although it's not an API or a
>library. Keep it going.
>
>I think we shall also need some XLink APIs and/or library routines to help
>with some of the processing required...
>
>	P.

Actually, it is is a library, or will be.  The demos were one-offs, but the
XLinkFilter, LinkSet, and Link classes are definitely library code - and
will hopefully be worthy of real use fairly soon.  I'm building demos
around them, which is definitely clarifying a lot of the functions the
library will need.

It's fun to take a week away from books...

(http://www.simonstl.com/projects/xlinkfilter/)

Simon St.Laurent
Dynamic HTML: A Primer / XML: A Primer
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth (November)